Our course focus is
- The definition of the term ‘Terrorism’ and ‘Terrorist’
- The history of terrorism and its affects
- What is an Improvised Explosive Device
- The different types of explosive devices and methods that terrorists employ
- Counter terror organisations
- Contingency and emergency planning
- Threat assessment and management
- Risk reduction measures to reduce the threat you face
- The importance of incident management planning
- Post attack or incident considerations
Essential knowledge to today’s public, let alone security operatives as nowadays the threat of a terrorist attack is a very real and serious danger. After completing this course, delegates will have more awareness of how to identify the level of threat they might be facing, and how they can counteract and reduce this threat and learn various steps to take in the fight against terror. Successful delegates will receive a Skills for Security certificate.
You must provide:
- Two identity documents from group A. At least one document must show your current address and at least one document must show your date of birth.
- One identity document from group A and two documents from group B. At least one document must show your current address and at least one document must show your date of birth.
- If you are a UK passport holder, your passport number entered on the application form. You do not need to submit the actual passport.
- Signed valid passport of any other nationality.
- Signed valid UK photo driving licence (both parts of the full or provisional licence are required)
- UK original birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth
- UK biometric residence permit
- Valid EU photo ID card.
- Valid UK firearms licence with photo
- Signed valid UK paper driving licence.
- Marriage certificate or Civil Partnership certificate, with translation if not in English.
- UK birth certificate issued more than 12 months after date of birth, but not a photocopy.
- Non-UK birth certificate, with translation if not in English.
- UK adoption certificate
- P45 statement of income for tax purposes on leaving a job issued in the last 12 months.
- P60 annual statement of income for tax purposes issued in the last 12 months.
- Bank or building society statement issued to your current address, less than three months old. You can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different bank or building society.
- Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Utility bill (gas, electric, telephone, water, satellite, cable) issued to your current address within the last three months. You can only submit one utility bill in support of your application.
- Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in last 12 months.
- British work permit or visa issued in last 12 months.
- Letter from H.M. Revenue & Customs, Department of Work and Pensions, employment service, or local authority issued within the last three months. You can submit more than one letter as long as each is issued by a different Government department or a different local authority.
- A credit card statement sent to your current address within the last three months. You can submit more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different issuer.
- Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Child benefit book issued in last 12 months.
Next Date – TBC
Fee – from £150
Timings – 9 – 6 – Late
Duration – 1 days
Minimum Age – 18