Skills & Teamwork in Close Protection – essential for the CPO and the knowledge and skills required are developed over a minimum 14 days and this is achieved through a combination of lectures, practical exercises and scenarios based on the common duties of a modern day CPO. The training peaks with an intensive final exercise that combines all the skills and knowledge obtained throughout the duration.
Legislation, Communication & Conflict Management Skills in CP – the role of a CPO requires individuals to be fully conversant with the law and to understand the relationships between the CP industry and official agencies. Again this is achieved by classroom discussions, videos and practical scenarios
Risk assessment, operational planning and safe route selection – it is important to identify and quantify the risks when working as a CPO and good planning and preparation is an essential part of the role. Exercises and classroom activities incorporate a large part of this module where delegates will actually plan and prepare for an operation leading to the final exercise.
Surveillance, Reconnaissance, Incidents & Dilemmas – this module will introduce you to the concept of surveillance and counter surveillance and is key to protecting clients as most pre-meditated attacks include some form of surveillance. Preventative and proactive measures to detect surveillance are taught and related to real life incidents. There must also be procedures for when things don’t go as planned and the ability to think on your feet will be developed during the course.
Techniques for Close Protection Operatives – most of the physical skills required by a CPO are covered in this final module such as vehicle embus – debus drills and convoy driving through to foot techniques and searching procedures will be practiced to hone these essential skill
Our course focus is
- Introduction to Close Protection
- Health and Safety
- Duties and Responsibilities of the CPO
- (CPO)Protocol and Client liaison
- Threat Assessment
- Reporting Skills
- Threat Levels
- Data Protection
- Risk Assessments
- Civil and Criminal Law
- Conflict Management
- Personal Security
- Foot Follows
- Trigger Teams
- Counter Surveillance
- Exposure Levels
- Actions On Drill
- Report Writing
- Unarmed Combat
- Improvised Explosive Devices
- Letter and Parcel Bomb
- Vehicle and Venue Searches
- Route Planning and Preparation
- CP Foot Drills
- Embus and Debus
- Travel and the CPO
- Vehicle Formations
- Debus Under Ambush
- Residential Security Team( RST)
- Security Advance Party ( SAP)
- Personal Escort Section (PES)
- Personal Protect Officer
- Counter surveillance team ( CST)
- Counter Attack Teams (CAT)
It’s important to us to give you everything you need to start your career as a Close Protection Officer. We will always work with you and give as much support as possible to enable you to do this. Many people worry about obtaining work after the course and while it is unrealistic and impossible for anyone to guarantee immediate employment or future job prospects within any industry we do guarantee that the work is out there and we will give you all the help and support you need to make that transition from student to employed Close Protection Officer. We take great pride in our after care and all students will take with them personal contact details of our Close Protection Training team for further support and advice whenever you need it. We also have several companies that actively recruit our students
You can work as :
- Close Protection Bodyguard
- Security Manager
- Security Team Leader
- Residential Security
- Executive Security
- Risk Management
- Surveillance Officer
- Private Investigator
- Loss prevention Officer
- Chauffeur Driver
- Head Door Supervisor
- Police Force
- Aviation Security
- Leisure Parks
Please note it is mandatory for all candidates to hold or achieve a First Aid at Work or First Person on Scene qualification when applying for your SIA license.
You must provide:
- Two identity documents from group A. At least one document must show your current address and at least one document must show your date of birth.
- One identity document from group A and two documents from group B. At least one document must show your current address and at least one document must show your date of birth.
- If you are a UK passport holder, your passport number entered on the application form. You do not need to submit the actual passport.
- Signed valid passport of any other nationality.
- Signed valid UK photo driving licence (both parts of the full or provisional licence are required)
- UK original birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth
- UK biometric residence permit
- Valid EU photo ID card.
- Valid UK firearms licence with photo
- Signed valid UK paper driving licence.
- Marriage certificate or Civil Partnership certificate, with translation if not in English.
- UK birth certificate issued more than 12 months after date of birth, but not a photocopy.
- Non-UK birth certificate, with translation if not in English.
- UK adoption certificate
- P45 statement of income for tax purposes on leaving a job issued in the last 12 months.
- P60 annual statement of income for tax purposes issued in the last 12 months.
- Bank or building society statement issued to your current address, less than three months old. You can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different bank or building society.
- Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Utility bill (gas, electric, telephone, water, satellite, cable) issued to your current address within the last three months. You can only submit one utility bill in support of your application.
- Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in last 12 months.
- British work permit or visa issued in last 12 months.
- Letter from H.M. Revenue & Customs, Department of Work and Pensions, employment service, or local authority issued within the last three months. You can submit more than one letter as long as each is issued by a different Government department or a different local authority.
- A credit card statement sent to your current address within the last three months. You can submit more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different issuer.
- Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Child benefit book issued in last 12 months.
Next Date – 12/07/2019
Fee – from £899
Timings – 9 – Late
Duration – 13 days
Minimum Age – 18